Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Author Topic: COSPLAY 101: A Beginners Guide  (Read 72542 times)
SAHPhoto
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2017, 01:23:43 AM »

Heh, you've still got one up on me  Wink  I don't have a creative bone in my body (but I can ADAPT stuff like you wouldn't believe  Grin).

Adapting is its own talent!

Own:
Guardian Emerald with v4 sound
Phantom Initiate V4 - Stunt Sabre, Violet Amethyst
Grab Bag - Dominix v2, guardian blue

Wish List:
Emperor's Hand

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2017, 07:22:35 PM »

Adapting is its own talent!
Heh, well thank you.  Given the choice, I'd like to be able to be more creative and actually MAKE some of my own robes/sabers/armor  Wink  That said, I'll just have to dig down deep in the wallet  Cheesy  Still, while I may not be able to make my own, I REALLY enjoy seeing the pics that everyone has posted w/ their own creations.  Never ceases to amaze me what people can accomplish here  Cool

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

SAHPhoto
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2017, 08:29:00 PM »

Heh, well thank you.  Given the choice, I'd like to be able to be more creative and actually MAKE some of my own robes/sabers/armor  Wink  That said, I'll just have to dig down deep in the wallet  Cheesy  Still, while I may not be able to make my own, I REALLY enjoy seeing the pics that everyone has posted w/ their own creations.  Never ceases to amaze me what people can accomplish here  Cool

Honestly, sometimes I find things I could make, but when I consider not just the cost of similar material and my time, its worth it to buy....of course, I always look for a good sale as well. I think some of the fun is also finding pieces no one else uses or would think of using as a costume piece

I was afraid of touching a sewing machine for years, because I didn't realize that I was gifted a defective one. Once a master seamstress pointed it out, I bought a new machine and it was easy sailing. I can't do complicated patterns, but I can do basic stuff. If you have the time and inclination, check out a class at a Joann Fabrics. They always have a coupon too, so I paid 20$ for my class.

Own:
Guardian Emerald with v4 sound
Phantom Initiate V4 - Stunt Sabre, Violet Amethyst
Grab Bag - Dominix v2, guardian blue

Wish List:
Emperor's Hand

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2017, 10:33:08 PM »

Honestly, sometimes I find things I could make, but when I consider not just the cost of similar material and my time, its worth it to buy....of course, I always look for a good sale as well. I think some of the fun is also finding pieces no one else uses or would think of using as a costume piece

I was afraid of touching a sewing machine for years, because I didn't realize that I was gifted a defective one. Once a master seamstress pointed it out, I bought a new machine and it was easy sailing. I can't do complicated patterns, but I can do basic stuff. If you have the time and inclination, check out a class at a Joann Fabrics. They always have a coupon too, so I paid 20$ for my class.
Good point(s), especially w/ Joann Fabrics.  Oddly enough, my mother-in-law just took a class over there last month.  Heh, I might have to give that a try; if nothing else, I'll have a better understanding of the basics  Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Hard_Reset
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2017, 03:38:44 PM »

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, and I really did not know how to word my search, but is there a list of of which Ultra Saber it is a replica of?

For example:  I know that fulcrum and lost grey are Ashoka Tano's sabers, but is there a master list that corresponds the ultrasaber with the jedi/sith that uses that saber?

Dark Apprentice LE V4 - Guardian Blue (Stunt)
Apprentice LE V4 - Violet Amethyst (Stunt)

There is no light side or dark side, there is only the force... Balance is everything.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2017, 06:09:41 PM »

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, and I really did not know how to word my search, but is there a list of of which Ultra Saber it is a replica of?

For example:  I know that fulcrum and lost grey are Ashoka Tano's sabers, but is there a master list that corresponds the ultrasaber with the jedi/sith that uses that saber?

Not really, are you looking for a particular characters hilt?

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Hard_Reset
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2017, 10:18:25 PM »

Not really, are you looking for a particular characters hilt?

No, was just something I was curious about.  For future purchases.  I was thinking about doing a Revan cosplay in the future, I just figured having a list that equated the ultrasaber to saber would be useful to people trying to cosplay

There is no light side or dark side, there is only the force... Balance is everything.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2017, 07:14:30 PM »

No, was just something I was curious about.  For future purchases.  I was thinking about doing a Revan cosplay in the future, I just figured having a list that equated the ultrasaber to saber would be useful to people trying to cosplay
Which Revan hilt?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Hard_Reset
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2017, 07:56:17 PM »

Which Revan hilt?

His jedi or sith hilt honestly, he's one of my favorite and after I do a Rex cosplay, Revan will be my next star wars costume

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2017, 08:09:50 PM »

His jedi or sith hilt honestly, he's one of my favorite and after I do a Rex cosplay, Revan will be my next star wars costume
If I know which is which: US doens't currently make a model of his Jedi redeemed saber, but a Shock LE with a MHS Guardian Pommel makes a decent Revan Sith hilt.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2018, 11:53:25 AM »

I'd really like to get into cosplay but DAMN this is an expensive hobby ;-O What is an inexpensive way to get started?

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2018, 06:43:22 PM »

I'd really like to get into cosplay but DAMN this is an expensive hobby ;-O What is an inexpensive way to get started?
Find a way to do as much 'off the shelf' or 'from the closet' as possible, mrg149
I won't deny that it can get expensive.
Custom armor? Go for foam over the more expensive plastics
Robes? Check your local thrift stores

BoridrenDurist
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 21

Lightside points please

« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2018, 05:25:25 AM »

A yard sale is  another great place to get fabric or complete costume parts or even stuff you can use to make props. Who knows what people are trying to get rid of

"Your lightsaber is not just a weapon but a tool, a friend, and most importantly a piece of who you are"
Owned sabers: "Viatorem" stunt Initiate V2 CG with fleece wrap, "Riptide" stunt Prophecy v3 GB

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2018, 03:42:00 PM »

Set yourself a price cap. What is the most you want to spend to start?

Sig by For Tyeth

Who let the darths out
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2018, 10:10:33 PM »

Has anyone here had any experience bringing an ultrasaber to a con recently? I'm going to wizard world in Tulsa as a custom with character I made that wields a spear (utilizing the dark war glaive). Am I going to encounter problems getting in? will having the blade on be an issue? Will the spear (made from yari pike extensions) be an issue? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: