Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Saber fighting gloves  (Read 3740 times)
Navasis
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 05, 2017, 11:34:16 PM »

I'm looking for some gloves that I can use for saber fighting in the winter. Something grippy and warm, but wont limit finger movements. Winter gloves usually too thick or dont have enough grip. Does anyone know any good gloves that are available online?

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 03:13:36 AM »

Believe it or not, check your local Home Depot or Lowes.
They have some work gloves that could work

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 03:29:20 AM »

Please read and acknowledge the rules before posting more.

A good pair of leather motorcycle gloves with thinsulate lining. If they are not grippy enough add dots of hot glue or liquid stitch the the fingers and palm

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

skribs
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 151

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 03:38:35 PM »

I've been watching TPLA videos, they have recommendations for hockey gloves, lacrosse gloves, HEMA (Historical European Martial Arts) gloves, and Kendo gloves.

Zyn
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 63

What do I see? Light... Darkness.... Balance

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 04:01:18 PM »

they won't offer much protection from impacts, but Mechanix gloves work well to keep the cold out.

"The protectors of the Balance must stand on the edge of two worlds, accepted by neither, masters of both."

Butcher (Diamond) | Emperor's Hand* (BR) | Lost Gray* (SD) | Sentinel v4* (BR) | Reaper (AB) | D. Initiate (AS) | D. Apprentice LE v4 (SY) | Aeon v4 (CG) (WILLING TO TRADE) | Dark Sentinel/Aeon Staff (FO) | D. Prophecy Build Project (Pending)

skribs
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 151

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 03:24:17 PM »

Nevermind, I'm an idiot.  I didn't read the "winter" part of the question.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 08:29:34 PM »

If you're looking to legitimately spar with a friend, I highly recommend checking your local sporting goods stores for hockey gloves on sale.  I've found great deals a number of times, and they offer excellent protection.  For an added layer of warmth, you can always get a thin pair of gloves to wear underneath!

Otherwise, if you're mostly just looking to get a good grip on the saber and not freeze your hands, there are a bunch of good insulated gloves with rubber grips nowadays (largely due to cell phone usage).  I have ones kinda like this, for example:

https://www.amazon.com/Vbiger-Winter-Professional-Running-Cycling/dp/B07437MM11/ref=sr_1_11?s=apparel&srs=16158145011&ie=UTF8&qid=1513196882&sr=1-11&nodeID=7147441011&psd=1&refinements=p_89%3AVBIGER

Redeye the jedi
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

So I see your schwartz is as big as mine

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 06:49:36 PM »

Jedi robes of America has jedi or sith gloves good price

Saber owned dark sentinal le v4 ,with windows in upside schwartz color,fire orange,and a sentinal v4,with windows  in arctic blue ,a coupler to staff em up,, straight fire and ice
!MAY THE SCHWARTZ BE WITH YOU!
P.s -MSIBTY

Ander
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 56

SErvizio, CUra, RIspetto

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 12:37:09 PM »

I have been using Vega Holster OG16 gloves for about four years, more or less 960 hours of practice if I factor in the various courses I attended and taught. I lost my first pair last year and replaced it with another which hopefully will last for a couple more years. I can only recommend them.

Then there are the Lamadiluce combat gloves. These are used extensively and routinely by hundreds of LudoSport athletes worldwide and have been combat tested for thousands of hours and improved several times.

These are both technical gloves with good protection, but please note that if you spar within different rulesets / with heavier blades / without controlling your strength, you might want heavier protection, such as hockey / lacrosse gloves and such, and possibly padded armor for other areas as well.

Andrea Ungaro | Ander
LudoSport form I, II, III instructor

Dean - LudoSport Alpha - Ordine delle Onde
https://www.facebook.com/groups/lscagenova/

Why you should not learn fighting on Youtube: https://goo.gl/mhh9Ns

Cosmoline
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2017, 09:54:42 PM »

I suspect steel-grade HEMA gauntlets will be overkill, but I used these mid-range gauntlets with my dark side costume this year and they looked great.  They are rated for pokes from rapier and smallsword simulators and light strikes only, but should be fine for synthetics *within reason*  That is, they have some pads on them but they don't have a separated hard shell.

http://www.woodenswords.com/Gloves_Rapier_and_Singlestick_p/glove.rapier.htm

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2020, 08:22:29 AM »

Great list of sparring and technique work gloves. Probably have to buy a heavy duty and lighter set for full contact VS cosplay color schemes.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: