Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Down
Author Topic: A Star Wars Story: What anthology film do you want?  (Read 45571 times)
Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2018, 04:43:35 PM »

Thank you Infinit. have one yourself.

EDIT: have one in an hour

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2018, 06:24:52 PM »

I too hope that Disney will one day wise up but I'm also not holding my breath

Hearken to the OG.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2018, 06:33:56 PM »

Yes indeed. 

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2018, 07:12:51 PM »

2nd best star wars film right there. (just barely behind Empire)

-Broadside

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #124 on: October 09, 2018, 08:57:32 PM »

2nd best star wars film right there. (just barely behind Empire)

Much lower on the list for me, I list based on enjoyment and ANH isn't one I can watch over and over.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #125 on: October 09, 2018, 09:36:18 PM »

Phasma seemed like an interesting character at first, but I'm not to big a fan of her. She had no development. Disney threw her in at the beginning with no context and she didn't really do anything during 7 or 8, she did have a scene that I really liked but it was cut from the movie, it was during her fight with Finn. I do not have a link but the vid is on youtube somewhere, and it was pretty cool.

I absolutely hated the deleted scene with Phasma and Finn. Absolutely terrible writing for that scene (unless we are thinking about different scenes).

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #126 on: October 09, 2018, 10:29:10 PM »

I absolutely hated the deleted scene with Phasma and Finn. Absolutely terrible writing for that scene (unless we are thinking about different scenes).

She hardly had a story arc so it was hard to like her character since there really wasn’t anything to base it on. She was just there and gave orders here and there.  Her script was terrible at best, the book about her is much better than the cinematic counter part. 

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2018, 10:44:23 PM »

If its the scene I'm thinking of, that actually meshed with the character they presented in the novel

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2018, 11:00:34 PM »

If its the scene I'm thinking of, that actually meshed with the character they presented in the novel

I haven't read the novel, and the scene I saw a long time ago so I may have mixed up a few things but if I remember correctly it did show a bit more of her character (not really in  good way)

-Broadside

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #129 on: October 10, 2018, 01:34:15 AM »

I haven't read the novel, and the scene I saw a long time ago so I may have mixed up a few things but if I remember correctly it did show a bit more of her character (not really in  good way)

I think its safe to mention the deleted scene, its been well over a month since the dvd came out...but still if you dont want to know stop reading Tongue

If you mean the scene where Finn reveals what she did on Starkiller and she takes out her men....then it does mesh with what was shown in the Novel and her comic.

She survives at any cost and if she has to kill her own men to do it...she will.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #130 on: October 10, 2018, 02:56:29 PM »

She hardly had a story arc so it was hard to like her character since there really wasn’t anything to base it on. She was just there and gave orders here and there.  Her script was terrible at best, the book about her is much better than the cinematic counter part. 
I'm suddenly reminded of Boba Fett's rise to glory. He pretty much did the same damn thing Phasma did, and yet his appeal to the fans was unprecedented. I think one of the reasons for his rise versus hers is the costume. His costume had character to it: Wooliee braids, pauldron insignia, sneaky weapons, etc. Her costume: shiny armor (most likely due to high rank), cape (meh), standard blaster, only with chrome plating (to accessorize the armor) and car stock (that makes it "special"). The only real thing she had going was that she's an extraordinarily tall woman (which they already played out on GoT).

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #131 on: October 10, 2018, 04:45:36 PM »

I'm suddenly reminded of Boba Fett's rise to glory. He pretty much did the same damn thing Phasma did, and yet his appeal to the fans was unprecedented. I think one of the reasons for his rise versus hers is the costume. His costume had character to it: Wooliee braids, pauldron insignia, sneaky weapons, etc. Her costume: shiny armor (most likely due to high rank), cape (meh), standard blaster, only with chrome plating (to accessorize the armor) and car stock (that makes it "special"). The only real thing she had going was that she's an extraordinarily tall woman (which they already played out on GoT).

All of that.

Plus Boba Fett was always intended to be a cool background character, though he did rise a little in character development for his brief part in ROTJ. Phasma is one-third ruler of the First Order, not a background character and yet that's how they treat her. I think the whole Phasma/Finn conflict falls flat on its face because of her criminal lack of development. Unfortunately Hux gets the same treatment, he's as cardboard of a character as much as Phasma but with just more screen time and dialogue.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #132 on: October 10, 2018, 04:50:01 PM »

Her cape is to signify her Rank as Captain.  There was actually another Captain she killed who wore Red Armor with a cape.  Captain Cardinal.   As for her armor, she manufactured out of Palpatine's old Naboo Ship.  All this is in her Novel.

All of that.

Plus Boba Fett was always intended to be a cool background character, though he did rise a little in character development for his brief part in ROTJ. Phasma is one-third ruler of the First Order, not a background character and yet that's how they treat her. I think the whole Phasma/Finn conflict falls flat on its face because of her criminal lack of development. Unfortunately Hux gets the same treatment, he's as cardboard of a character as much as Phasma but with just more screen time and dialogue.

Hux came off as a competent villain in Ep7  It was a nice mirror to Kylo who wanted to be like Vader..Hux wanted to be like Tarkin (even had Tarkin's name on his uniform).   A three-way power struggle seemed to be building between phasma, hux and Kylo...BUT....Ep8 happened.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #133 on: October 10, 2018, 04:54:48 PM »

Hux came off as a competent villain in Ep7  It was a nice mirror to Kylo who wanted to be like Vader..Hux wanted to be like Tarkin (even had Tarkin's name on his uniform).   A three-way power struggle seemed to be building between phasma, hux and Kylo...BUT....Ep8 happened.

That's pretty cool that he had Tarkin's name on his uniform. Yet part of me groans upon learning that both Kylo and Hux are both wannabees. I kind of wish that Hux had been like 20 years older and a veteran officer of the old Empire. They wouldn't have been able to pull off the weird brotherly rivalry for Snoke's affections but the contrast between the old, seasoned Empire and Kylo representing the future would have been cooler to me. Meh.  

Edit: I'm not sure how a power struggle between the trio would have worked out. They'd have to bring the power that each individual represents to bear, otherwise in a one-on-one fight of course Kylo mops the floor. But then if the whole Stormtrooper corp is loyal to Phasma, Hux has say half the First Order, and Kylo has his (as yet MIA) knights of Ren... talk about internal conflict, it would have been epic.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #134 on: October 10, 2018, 05:05:36 PM »

All of that.

Exactly. If she was really as badass as they built her up to be, she would have issued him as a new mop for his replacement in sanitation. Plus, if she survives at all costs: you have a truncheon, I have a blaster rifle and a squad of thugs. Hmmmm.....I wonder how this is going to play out. Same kinda thing in TFA: the only time she shows up alone is the time she gets attacked and forced to cooperate. Plus, let's face it, where is the computer security in this galaxy. I don't care if Snoke himself deactivated the shields, that didn't register elsewhere in a control room as fishy, and easily overridden?

Her cape is to signify her Rank as Captain.  There was actually another Captain she killed who wore Red Armor with a cape.  Captain Cardinal.   As for her armor, she manufactured out of Palpatine's old Naboo Ship.  All this is in her Novel.
Da fuq?

Hux came off as a competent villain in Ep7  It was a nice mirror to Kylo who wanted to be like Vader..Hux wanted to be like Tarkin (even had Tarkin's name on his uniform).   A three-way power struggle seemed to be building between phasma, hux and Kylo...BUT....Ep8 happened.
Meh. To me he was just another 2D villain. All his motives just said "I'm the bad guy, it's what I do."

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: