Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Weird Error Message after trying to access Emerald Driver program  (Read 3008 times)
Darth Trivius
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -17

« on: June 29, 2018, 02:44:16 AM »

Just unboxed my brand new Aeon v4 with sound and emerald driver.

I am a first time Ultrasabers user, so pardon me if I'm making some kind of rookie mistake, but:

This image (https://drive.google.com/file/d/12D86FmCAVJdqOth3nPmnN6yg0314tK3V/view?usp=sharing) is what happened when I tried to open the Emerald Driver program on my computer to play around with the pulse settings.

I don't speak techno-babble, so I have NO. IDEA. What ANY of this means.

Does anyone know what this is, or how I fix it?

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 03:09:29 AM »

If I remeber this error message correctly, I believe I fixed it by updating/reinstalling the drivers for my computer's video card

Darth Trivius
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 04:12:34 AM »

Excellent.

Now, what procedure do I need to follow to do this?

I searched up how to do it (again, I am sorry for my ignorance of technology; computers are NOT my forte), and got no results I could actually use.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 06:00:43 PM »

Yeah, looks like a graphics driver issue.

What graphics card do you use? A separate one or does your CPU contains a graphics chip that is being used?

If it's a separate one, get the model type via Start > Control Panel > System and Security > System > Device Manager (in the left column). Then go to the appropiate website (www.amd.com if it's a AMD card or www.nvidia.com if it's a NVidia card), find the Drivers section and choose the right model and OS type (there are 32-bit or 64-bit options - get the right one for your OS. You can check that in the "System" section, via the same path as stated above. It should say either 32-bit OS or 64-bit OS.).

Download the Driver, install it and you should be ready to go.

I haven't updated an integrated graphics chip, though, so no idea if that's possible at all.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Darth Trivius
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 01:18:24 AM »

Got it working, thanks!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: