Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: 32 or 24 inch blades for a saber staff  (Read 2061 times)
Gryphawoo
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

« on: June 18, 2020, 06:28:11 PM »

Im planning on getting a saberstaff with a quick release coupler so i can switch easily between eskrima which im more familiar with and staff techniques which im less familiar with. my friend has a saberstaff without the QR coupler and he says the 32 inch are too long for him to spin it properly so im wondering if it would be better to go with the 32 and have less maneuverability or go with 24 and have a reach disadvantage. i wish US had a 28 inch option in the saber customization options because i think that would be perfect. my friend has i think a Phantasm le and I'm looking at getting the phantom initiate if 24 is the better option

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 07:05:49 PM »

i to work and teach staffs and orderd one with 32 " blades my thinking is i  can easily cut down the blades to a length i prefer vs having to short or having to order a new blades . cutting blades down is very simple  there is a post on here on how to cut one down. i also went with qr coupler for storage as i dont wield one handed swords though the sais are my primary weapon a light saber is not a  good choice for this

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 09:16:46 PM »

The correct answer in my opinion is 28inches.
Just order 32s and cut them down yourself.
32 is too long, but 24 is noticeably too short.

But if you don't want to cut them down, answer this:
Are you dueling or just spinning?
If dueling, more reach is advantageous, so go 32s
If spinning, shorter blades are lighter and faster, so 24s are better.

I'm not sure why US did 32s in the first place. I've heard that they originally just had 36 and 24, but made 32 standard by popular demand. But 30 makes more sense to me since it puts all blades in increments of 6". 24/30/36
But 24/32/36 is just odd. Like we NEED 28 to complete the pattern

-
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 10:18:39 PM by Galef » Logged

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 02:29:49 AM »

For all of my saberstaffs, I bought 32" blades, and then cut them down to 28"
24" just looks too short to me, and 32" is definitely too long at my height

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 02:42:28 AM »

Oh I'm so the wrong person to answer this as I normally use 36" blades. With DSI and/or Liberator double bladed sabers.

Im planning on getting a saberstaff with a quick release coupler so i can switch easily between eskrima which im more familiar with and staff techniques which im less familiar with. my friend has a saberstaff without the QR coupler and he says the 32 inch are too long for him to spin it properly so im wondering if it would be better to go with the 32 and have less maneuverability or go with 24 and have a reach disadvantage. i wish US had a 28 inch option in the saber customization options because i think that would be perfect. my friend has i think a Phantasm le and I'm looking at getting the phantom initiate if 24 is the better option

First question is "How tall are you?" The taller you are, the longer the blades you can get away with. On the other hand, I'm 6' 0" and I use 36" blades with 12"+ lengths hilts...

Second question is please define "spin it properly." As I've said, I can spin with no problem with 36" blades. Yes, it took practice, but it's certainly doable.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Gryphawoo
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2020, 03:12:17 PM »

Thanks guys! I'll get the 32s and cut em down if i don't like em i didn't even think about that haha.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: