Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Author Topic: MAYHEM - Destruction of an Aeon v3  (Read 18088 times)
Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« on: January 01, 2018, 10:23:54 PM »

Hi everyone.  The saber that I have been giving cryptic references to is finally completed.  My apologizes in advance for the photo heaviness of this post... but perhaps that's not necessary since we all are pics and video enthusiasts.

To start the journey... I saw this saber on another site and the initial customization reminded me of some of the meteorites that I have within a smaller collection.  So I quickly got this saber from a fellow in the States that goes by the name of Si W.  If you see his sabers you can be assured that you will have a positive interaction and lots of saber talk.  

The saber is an Aeon v3 OBLite.  Here's where it gets interesting.  The original pics and video showed a single diode BR which was exactly as I received it.  Over a short period of time it became a Chameleon LED and is now a steadfast CG with white FoC.  So my Sith saber was redeemed.  Si I know this is going to be a big surprise and also the extent to which I co-customized this saber.  Hope that our combined efforts is to your satisfaction... as I could not possibly have destroyed this saber without your original visual guidance.  lol  Grin

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36783.msg597802#msg597802

Here's Si's saber as it was customized and it almost was too beautiful and bad to even consider touching it.

PART 2 incoming so please wait for me to complete before responding.  Smiley

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 04:56:31 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 10:41:02 PM »

Okay... sifting through all the pics to get in the right order.  Editing and downsizing is a royal pain but so much easier thanks to Imgur.  First are the ones to make more clear to Si and viewers what my initial changes are and then the continuation.  My attempts at the distressed/shattered engraving and making all the blast/impact holes start out as silver as the aluminum is removed.

Don't want to lose these images so PART 3 coming up.  Smiley

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 10:56:18 PM »

So most of the engraving is now completed.  The leather wrap was a softer doe skin.  I took some painters green tape and literally ripped off most of the surface grain.

Now how am I going to paint those shiny silver parts ?!  Let's give that Bluing solution a go as other members have had some nice effects and I didn't want to go totally dark with Aluminum Black.  Gosh this stuff stinks.  I likely could have wire sponge ruffed up the areas better.  Here's a pic that shows the difference between the treated and untreated sides.  The non-aluminum parts took really well but the rest required a few 20 minute coatings.

Made these metal rings for the guarded switch and the covertec wheel that is solidly glued on... I'm guessing for cosplay.  I'm not great at bending stuff to fit securely and figuring out hole sizes.  An appropriate blade plug will come later... also not great at creating those.

Guess what... PART 4 coming your way... soon... go take a break as we are not done yet lol.  Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 03:11:48 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 11:04:40 PM »

Hi all and thanks for hanging in there.  It hopefully does get better and end sooner than later hahaha.  Have to look at my pics to see where the next stage is going.  Hey we have finally reached... SHOW & TELL !!  Grin

Used some different colors of Testors enamel paint on the wrap plus took one of my small meteorites to lightly shred the leather to distress it more.  A fork also would have worked lol.  Cheesy

Just PART 5 and then we are done !!  Shocked

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 11:26:29 PM »

At first I wasn't too pleased that my red Sith saber was no more but found the humor in the fact that it now has a green blade and especially CG is not a huge favorite.  It's a great color but I have other preferences such as blues in general, purple and red... oh and let's not forget orange and yellow... you see where I'm taking this.  Wink

So for now I've added a few Lee filters to try and get that toxic slime green.  The cool thing is that the FoC and lockup becomes a greenish-yellow.  If only I could have gutted this saber and I'm surprised any electronics survived.  Great internal job Ultrasabers.  MAYHEM abounds.  Wink

I want to give inspiration thanks and shout outs to Si for bringing this saber to life, to Shameem M. for the great tip on using a gloss topcoat for a glassy cool outer space impact look ( used the semi ), to Drahcir for finally convincing me that dirtying up a saber is oodles more fun than making a saber clean and pretty, to Isola for showing me that one's own version of perfection is worth obtaining and finally to RevanReborn who inspires me to think outside of the box and how to patiently learn from what initially seems to be a mistake.  There are so many others as well but my mind wants to move on to the celebration of the completion part.  

If you have made it to the end... here's the finale bonus and thanks for having a look.  Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgsi4qEo_CI

EDIT:  Not quite the end... please see Part 6 in a few pages.  Smiley

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 04:58:10 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -580

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 11:34:26 PM »

D7 THIS IS SO COOL! "The Maleficent"!

Want a custom avatar? Shoot me a PM, you can view my work here!

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 11:51:20 PM »

Somehow I quoted myself lol.  Roll Eyes

If you have made it to the end... here's the finale and thanks for having a look.  Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgsi4qEo_CI

I know you were expecting something else lol... in time.  Wink

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 11:54:57 PM »

That is awesome D7!

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 12:26:56 AM »

Wow, that is very impressive, it looks like it's been through hell!  +1

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 01:15:05 AM »

Thanks for the approval... Scrub, LAK and Illyiss.  Smiley

I just realized something when photographing tube shaped objects.  One really can miss out on a lot of details.  For example some of the blast/impact holes don't show as being lit up depending on the pic angle.  Where as a video would give a visual 360 degree as well as the full meal deal.  Must take the leap soonish but still a comfort level/exposure issue.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2018, 01:26:04 AM »

Excellent work on this one, D7.
Work definitely shows

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2018, 05:23:33 AM »

Looks like a lot of work, nice job.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

whynotv2
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2018, 11:53:45 AM »

Absolutely stunning. Thank you for sharing!!!

Cole's Law: Thinly sliced cabbage.

Current US Sabers:
Initiate LE v4 - windowed-AV-AB
Dark Sentinel v4 - Obs Lt-AV-GB (open pommel)
Dark Sentinel v4 - Obs Lt-AV-CG (solid pommel)
Dark Liberator - AV-CG
Dark Apprentice LE v4 - AV-FO
Aeon v3 - AV-GB

Other Sabers (self-constructed):
Vader variant “If Vader lived”
Bastard-type standard + shoto magnetic

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2018, 12:23:15 PM »

Awesome crafting skills Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2018, 12:31:59 PM »

Wow, holy crap!  I had to double take- I thought I clicked a Drahc saber thread by accident!  Amazing job Smiley.  Ya I hear you, pics aren't satisfying after you spend so much on details lol.  Looks insane though.  Looks great in that colour too.  SO impressive!  It totally looks like something that's been hurling through space for eons.  Love the richness of the finish(es).  What a saber!  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: