Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]   Go Down
Author Topic: You've Been Challenged  (Read 83782 times)
Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #270 on: May 23, 2019, 06:32:56 AM »

Horizontal challenge  https://youtu.be/TTs4HxE59bY

Vengeance is a must death will follow no one will survive
 Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #271 on: July 29, 2019, 02:42:56 AM »

It’s been a fair minute since i’ve posted ‘round here, and i bring with me a challenge: the bottlecap challenge!
Using a bottle filled with water, cap partially screwed down(not tight) and some duct tape for traction(after initially breaking the blade/tip on the bottle 😆) let’s see some cap-spinning action!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKKEnqGkeMk&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKKEnqGkeMk&amp;feature=share</a>

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #272 on: July 29, 2019, 03:07:55 AM »

Excellent, EG. Excellent

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #273 on: August 16, 2019, 01:32:45 AM »

It's been some crazy months but im finally back to normal. Training, training and then a little more training! I'll be playing catch up this weekend. Good to see familiar faces and some new ones. Looking forward to catching up.

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #274 on: February 22, 2021, 05:10:08 PM »

Martial Challenge.

That's right. it's called Martial " Arts ". Let's see some partner drills! Can be kata ( forms ) , drills, freestyle , 10 second fight scene.

Requirements - -

- Two or more people. ( Wear a Star Wars helmet/mask if you need too! Covid and all)
- Ultrasaber or a Training weapon.

Bonus : Tell us what US hilt you are using and why. I use a Sentinel v4 Stunt tri-cree Red (mostly) and a Bellicose Emerald. The sentinel is my favorite to spin. The Bellicose is my favorite hilt US offers. ( some are a close 2nd though )

P.S.- Follow Safety at all times. Plz do not post partner drills if you are not wearing eye protection. Any protection is great, but as long as you don't go too fast, not required. unless of course you are not trained....if that's the case, wear all the protection you can get your hands on.  Safety! safety! safety!

We are using Kali Sticks in this one. One of the first disarms will not work on a blade/saber. The yielding techniques will though. \

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDEaVfhNhNQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDEaVfhNhNQ</a>

P.S.S. - if you want to actually hear me teach and get some basics, go check out my basics tutorial on my youtube channel. Popular videos. It will be at the top.  Roll Eyes

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #275 on: February 23, 2021, 12:06:03 PM »

Great challenge, Master Resolute!

Darth Nivek
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -18

« Reply #276 on: July 01, 2022, 10:10:54 AM »

Hope this applies to this thread
 And hope its okay that i posted it in my thread as well.
My spinning practice... a new hope Grin
<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=YF4cdGQ2LIE&amp;t=8s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtube.com/watch?v=YF4cdGQ2LIE&amp;t=8s</a>

Sound sabers,
- Dark savior
- Malice
- Fallen
     Stunt sabers,
- Dark standard issue
- Dark apprentice LE v4
- Initiate v4
- Aeon LE v3
- Dark Sentinel v4 staff

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #277 on: July 02, 2022, 12:41:39 AM »

Hi Darth Nivek,

I'll be honest I am no exert in either staff or dual wielding (I can just about manage one blade!) but this looked solid and I like how you gave us, the viewer, the feeling that you had the "High Ground" placing the camera so low  Cheesy

Seriously though, when you broke the staff down to perform your Jar Kai segment your form reminded me of my old friend Master Medwyn and his Elements Forms (Master Medwyn created his own unique saber forms based on Earth, Wind, Fire, Water and Ice). Your flow was very similar to his Water and Wind forms of forward attack and backwards retreat with your second saber following and filling the void left as the first saber moved (In Master Medwyn's forms this represented the ebb and flow of the Wind and the incoming/outgoing tides).

Thanks for sharing....and no need to hope....just keep up the good work!

Darth Nivek
Knight Ensign

« Reply #278 on: July 02, 2022, 08:10:38 AM »

Thank you commander Tyeth. My attempt in staff and dual wield is to try and get essentially a never ending flow. Ive watched alot of the masters here over the years (moat notable infinite) and really tried to get a feel for keeping my form constant. In my mind id like to think im trying to utilize every form, even if its included in a small way. And I never stop hoping, even if its only practice. To me, im in my own universe when i pick up the sabers   Grin
Quote from: For Tyeth lin :)k=topic=33938.msg797725#msg797725 date=1656722499
Hi Darth Nivek,

I'll be honest I am no exert in either staff or dual wielding (I can just about manage one blade!) but this looked solid and I like how you gave us, the viewer, the feeling that you had the "High Ground" placing the camera so low  Cheesy

Seriously though, when you broke the staff down to perform your Jar Kai segment your form reminded me of my old friend Master Medwyn and his Elements Forms (Master Medwyn created his own unique saber forms based on Earth, Wind, Fire, Water and Ice). Your flow was very similar to his Water and Wind forms of forward attack and backwards retreat with your second saber following and filling the void left as the first saber moved (In Master Medwyn's forms this represented the ebb and flow of the Wind and the incoming/outgoing tides).

Thanks for sharing....and no need to hope....just keep up the good work!

Sound sabers,
- Dark savior
- Malice
- Fallen
     Stunt sabers,
- Dark standard issue
- Dark apprentice LE v4
- Initiate v4
- Aeon LE v3
- Dark Sentinel v4 staff

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #279 on: July 02, 2022, 07:22:29 PM »

Hello Darth Nivek,

Yes we have been blessed by the Force over the years on this forum with the amount of talented saber Masters we've had share their skills and techniques.
To name a few, Master Resolute of course,  Darth Cephalus, Master Ventorus, Master Nero Ataru (Nero I believe was a real life Competition class fencer having competed in National tournaments), Samhain138, our friendly neighbourhood Moderator Infini01 plus Master Medwyn whom I mentioned....thanks to all.
All have brought something special to the table (I watched Infinit01's progress as he posted his series of YouTube spinning short videos - getting better with each one)....it won't be long before you are looked on as an expert. Enjoy your sabering.

Darth Nivek
Knight Ensign

« Reply #280 on: July 03, 2022, 03:49:35 AM »

Mtfbwy commander!
Hello Darth Nivek,

Yes we have been blessed by the Force over the years on this forum with the amount of talented saber Masters we've had share their skills and techniques.
To name a few, Master Resolute of course,  Darth Cephalus, Master Ventorus, Master Nero Ataru (Nero I believe was a real life Competition class fencer having competed in National tournaments), Samhain138, our friendly neighbourhood Moderator Infini01 plus Master Medwyn whom I mentioned....thanks to all.
All have brought something special to the table (I watched Infinit01's progress as he posted his series of YouTube spinning short videos - getting better with each one)....it won't be long before you are looked on as an expert. Enjoy your sabering.

Sound sabers,
- Dark savior
- Malice
- Fallen
     Stunt sabers,
- Dark standard issue
- Dark apprentice LE v4
- Initiate v4
- Aeon LE v3
- Dark Sentinel v4 staff

Darth Nivek
Knight Ensign

« Reply #281 on: July 04, 2022, 11:40:55 PM »

Ive got one more for you guys, my wooden nunchaku. Apologies if it doesent apply to the thread. Im in gear for training mode this year, and going at it in full force  Grin
<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=GUpnxm0Ma0A" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtube.com/watch?v=GUpnxm0Ma0A</a>

Sound sabers,
- Dark savior
- Malice
- Fallen
     Stunt sabers,
- Dark standard issue
- Dark apprentice LE v4
- Initiate v4
- Aeon LE v3
- Dark Sentinel v4 staff

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print