Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Dual Wielding SaberStaffs  (Read 7260 times)
forcesaber12
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

Frequenter of Saber Combat. Mace Windu Forever!

« on: June 29, 2017, 03:15:36 AM »

Is it possible to dual weild a saberstaff? I have been wondering this for a while now and I am open to any comments/suggestions.

Thanks!

If you destroy me, I will become more powerful than you could ever imagine.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 03:33:20 AM »

Unless you have four arms, it's not something I'd recommend

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 09:14:58 AM »

Well, as a 'simple two-armed being' you would have to work with your restrictions:
Two 'full-size' staffs are not really feasible, so you should consider short blades (24" at most, better 16"), and both hilts should be suitable for 'one-hand-use' and therefore quite short, too.

I'd say, it 'might' work with e.g. two 'Phantasm Initiate V2' with 16" blades:
https://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/stunt-phantasmini.htm

I've seen someone convert a Liberator to a double-bladed version; something like that would even be better...

Update: Here's a nice short 'staff-hilt' by JediXIX: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=31672.0

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2767

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 03:52:35 PM »

Depending on how well you can dual wield single blades might determine how well you can do with staffs. It is possible, but due to the weight and torque involved in staffs, it probably wouldn't be very effective outside of spinning. However, if you are able to master dual staffs, you would be a force to reckon with in a duel.

If you are determined to do so, I recommend using the shortest and lightest staff available: Phantasm/Phantom Initiate V2 w/ 24" blades. If your tall, you might be able to work up to 32" blades, but I'd start with 24s.

Like this guy dual wields with A staff.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

nathanielreykun
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 40

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 06:12:06 PM »

I've personally thought about this myself, as I prefer a one-handed grip with my Apprentice/Sentinel staff, and I've gotten quite good with Jar'Kai lately. I personally use 24" blades, which makes it a lot easier. As stated previously, the practicality of it is quite little, but upon mastery would be unbeatable. While it's far off, my plan to give it a shot is to make two rather small staffs (probably somewhere around fifteen inches), likely from stock MHS parts, and wire them to where both LEDs are in a single hilt, as opposed to two seperate sabers attached at the pommel. A unique wield, in my opinion, requires a unique saber. Be sure to report back if you have any success!

Dark Apprentice V4 Stunt
Initiate V3/Mantis Combo Stunt
Aeon V2 Stunt
Reaper Obsidian Lite
Sentinel LE V4 Obsidian V4QR CouplerApprentice LE V4 Obsidian V4
Modified Mantis CE Custom Obsidian V4

forcesaber12
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 06:00:49 PM »

Thanks to all of you! This has been very helpful! Also thanks for the pic and videos Darth Logos! Smiley

forcesaber12
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 06:03:12 PM »

Also if you are willing I would prefer lightside points. Thanks.

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 08:26:09 PM »

Yes, it's possible.

But it's not the best idea ever, and doesn't tend to work well for more than a minute or two. You don't have the push/pull movement you have using two hands to get a lot of force into your movements/strikes, and it's real easy to hit either the other saber or yourself with one of the four blades. You really end up twirling them, similar to a marching band baton, than anything else.

On the other hand, your opponent has an interesting mess of blades to deal with. Provided he doesn't just let you impale yourself instead.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Enso Marr
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -43

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 01:57:56 AM »

This guy.

https://instagram.com/p/BWYz-HGgAvL/

May your fire burn both bright and beautiful, within and around you, that all may know your unrelenting freedom.

Follow @MasterEnso on Instagram for regular lightsaber and fire shenanigans.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2767

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 01:12:47 PM »

Yeah.........like that. However, with the "real" thing and the Force backing you up, this would totally be an effective style.  Grin Grin Grin

Awesome find. points of some type or other.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

nathanielreykun
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 40

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2017, 02:10:59 PM »

... Dude freaking spun it around his neck...  Shocked

Dark Apprentice V4 Stunt
Initiate V3/Mantis Combo Stunt
Aeon V2 Stunt
Reaper Obsidian Lite
Sentinel LE V4 Obsidian V4QR CouplerApprentice LE V4 Obsidian V4
Modified Mantis CE Custom Obsidian V4

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2017, 10:56:56 PM »

Now I am a spinner, but if you can spin it, you can fight with it. Double staff is like dual wield really with a bit of a complication. You do have to have the ability to use it one handed though like the others said. That means light staffs or lots of arm strength. I am not as good as the guy in the video, but have given it a try. You get used to what you can and can't do after a while. The first video is from my second time trying it with lightsabers, the second is from my first time with fire. The latter was about a year after the former. The third video is double crossguard, because you know that question was coming. And yes you can do a crossguard staff and yes you can use two of those if you are careful. Again, I am just looking at spinning, but the flowers of two weapon spinning are based on the strikes of two weapon fighting. If you can do one, you can do the other.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw_vAINYvCs" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw_vAINYvCs</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTPL2ybvlO0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTPL2ybvlO0</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFsaUdYDnQ0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFsaUdYDnQ0</a>

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2017, 04:01:53 AM »

Darth Cephalus, your videos are always so awesome. They always make me feel inspired and intimidated at the same time. Thanks for sharing.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2017, 06:36:09 PM »

Darth Cephalus, I somehow missed that double work on your channel previously.
Nice choice on the music.
What size blades on those?

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2017, 08:08:40 PM »

In one hand is an Aeon V4 staff, in the other is an initiate staff with a slight extension to bring it to roughly the same length. All blades are initiate blades (24"). I have done it with 31" blades as well, but I would not want to go any longer than that on a staff. I hit the ground too much with full 36" blades even when just using one staff unless I account for it, which limits my range of motion substantially.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: