Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Down
Author Topic: A Star Wars Story: What anthology film do you want?  (Read 45562 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #135 on: October 10, 2018, 05:25:58 PM »

All of that.

Plus Boba Fett was always intended to be a cool background character, though he did rise a little in character development for his brief part in ROTJ. Phasma is one-third ruler of the First Order, not a background character and yet that's how they treat her. I think the whole Phasma/Finn conflict falls flat on its face because of her criminal lack of development. Unfortunately Hux gets the same treatment, he's as cardboard of a character as much as Phasma but with just more screen time and dialogue.

Agreed, Boba Fett was a background character until he had a fan base that sprouted out of his small scenes.  Then novels and comic book stories came into the limelight building a character arc for him.  Phasma's story in the better is what should of been included into the last two installments or at least some flash back scenes to paint a better story.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #136 on: October 10, 2018, 06:09:24 PM »

Agreed, Boba Fett was a background character until he had a fan base that sprouted out of his small scenes.  Then novels and comic book stories came into the limelight building a character arc for him.  Phasma's story in the better is what should of been included into the last two installments or at least some flash back scenes to paint a better story.
Like that was likely? It the same stupid thing as to how the "map" to Luke was found. Would have made for a better movie had they explained how and why, as opposed to "we have this thing that will instantly solve everybody's problem of the F.O." News flash, the general movie-going audience doesn't want to read to get the full story. NTM, how is there a map to a single person in the galaxy.......that doesn't want to be found? Undecided

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2018, 06:30:34 PM »

I think its safe to mention the deleted scene, its been well over a month since the dvd came out...but still if you dont want to know stop reading Tongue

If you mean the scene where Finn reveals what she did on Starkiller and she takes out her men....then it does mesh with what was shown in the Novel and her comic.

She survives at any cost and if she has to kill her own men to do it...she will.

I won't argue that it improved on her character, but the whole scene was terrible, right down to the way it was filmed. It just looked fake. If they had done everything up to the point where she kills the other troopers, and then changed the camera shots they used to explain how she killed them, I would probably have a higher opinion of it. Plus, there is no way that the blaster Finn shot Phasma with at the end would have made her go flying back as far as she did. Even Chewie's bowcaster isn't that powerful, and bowcasters are one of the most powerful weapons in the galaxy.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #138 on: October 10, 2018, 06:52:25 PM »

Like that was likely? It the same stupid thing as to how the "map" to Luke was found. Would have made for a better movie had they explained how and why, as opposed to "we have this thing that will instantly solve everybody's problem of the F.O." News flash, the general movie-going audience doesn't want to read to get the full story. NTM, how is there a map to a single person in the galaxy.......that doesn't want to be found? Undecided

The map was to the First Jedi Temple.  That just so happened to be where Luke was. 

Da fuq?

Question?

Meh. To me he was just another 2D villain. All his motives just said "I'm the bad guy, it's what I do."

I actually don't mind 2d villains...plus it makes perfect sense.  He was raised in the FO and only knew that under the tutelage of  his ahole father that hated him.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #139 on: October 10, 2018, 08:37:59 PM »

The map was to the First Jedi Temple.  That just so happened to be where Luke was.
Still makes no sense that if he didn't want to be found, why he would have told anyone where he was going, and then they could have found maps to any of a trillion different locations.

Question?
1) What would be the significance of making armor out of an old Nubian ship hull?
2) What is the significance of it being Palpatine's?
3) Why did we need another useless throwback?

I actually don't mind 2d villains...plus it makes perfect sense.  He was raised in the FO and only knew that under the tutelage of  his ahole father that hated him.
Meh. Too Hilter-esque and cliche.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #140 on: October 10, 2018, 10:07:15 PM »

Still makes no sense that if he didn't want to be found, why he would have told anyone where he was going, and then they could have found maps to any of a trillion different locations.

That lies on RJ.  JJ had a planned reason for why Luke was there.  When RJ was given free reign he decided the only reason Luke would be there was to Die.

1) What would be the significance of making armor out of an old Nubian ship hull?
2) What is the significance of it being Palpatine's?
3) Why did we need another useless throwback?

Basically Phasma comes from a planet that was decimated by a Nuclear disaster.  The factory was a droid factory that the FO had tried to get up and running until the accident.  Palpatines ship was there because the FO officer had it.  When Phasma left her planet to join the FO, she stripped the ship. Used what basically amounted to a giant 3d printer to scan her normal FO armor and stamp out new armor made from the metal from the ship.  It was somewhat symbolic for her..I'll have to go back and read it to give you a 100% clear answer.

Meh. Too Hilter-esque and cliche.

And that's a bad thing?  I don't mind cliché's either as long as they work.  and that worked for me.  "relatable" villains are the cliché at this point.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #141 on: October 11, 2018, 04:15:46 PM »

That lies on RJ.  JJ had a planned reason for why Luke was there.  When RJ was given free reign he decided the only reason Luke would be there was to Die.

JJ started the cock-up. "I'm Luke friggin' Skywalker. I'm disgraced and morose and don't want to talk to anybody. Why do I tell anyone where I'm going or what I'm seeking, giving them a clue of where to find me when I don't want to be found?" If there are ways to get lost on just this planet, surely there are ways of being hopelessly unable to be found in a whole galaxy far far away.

Basically Phasma comes from a planet that was decimated by a Nuclear disaster.  The factory was a droid factory that the FO had tried to get up and running until the accident.  Palpatines ship was there because the FO officer had it.  When Phasma left her planet to join the FO, she stripped the ship. Used what basically amounted to a giant 3d printer to scan her normal FO armor and stamp out new armor made from the metal from the ship.  It was somewhat symbolic for her..I'll have to go back and read it to give you a 100% clear answer.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Phasma%27s_armor

Meh. Too stretchy.

And that's a bad thing?  I don't mind cliché's either as long as they work.  and that worked for me.  "relatable" villains are the cliché at this point.

I don't need relateable, just more than "I'm the bad guy, it's what I do." I want purer motives. Like with Sidious, his ends were total control and to rule forever. (2D) Bane, however, understood that power is a means to an end. "Congrats, you now have control over everything. What are you going to do with it?"

Or look at it from a different perspective. In Ready Player 1, before meeting Art3mis, Parzival (2-dimensionally) wants to win for the prize alone; he wants the money cuz he's spent his life being poor. After meeting Art3mis, and realizing what is really at stake, he wants to win in order to maintain what makes the OASIS great and loved by everyone, and to prevent its inevitable perversion by IOI. His motives now have depth, making them 3D. He's no longer fighting for himself.

My preference for 3D characters is equal for both pro- and ant- agonists.

Sig by For Tyeth

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #142 on: October 15, 2018, 06:20:36 PM »

maybe something like a fight club kind of thing, it isn't in-universe of course but it's with a bunch of jedi/sith who just fight it out. I saw the CW do something like that with it's heroes and it was pretty cool.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #143 on: October 15, 2018, 07:26:56 PM »

maybe something like a fight club kind of thing, it isn't in-universe of course but it's with a bunch of jedi/sith who just fight it out. I saw the CW do something like that with it's heroes and it was pretty cool.

Just a film(s) following the War between the Jedi and Sith would be nice....

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #144 on: October 15, 2018, 07:28:05 PM »

Just a film(s) following the War between the Jedi and Sith would be nice....

it would! maybe something like what was in the old republic cinematics. I want a movie of those so much.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #145 on: October 15, 2018, 08:36:19 PM »

The split of Force users which ultimately became the Jedi and the Sith would be cool. A trilogy of how these beings came to be and split ways leading into the division of Force sensitive individuals

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #146 on: October 15, 2018, 08:39:49 PM »

The split of Force users which ultimately became the Jedi and the Sith would be cool. A trilogy of how these beings came to be and split ways leading into the division of Force sensitive individuals
I want to say the first Great Schism happened like some 9000 years BBY. To put that in perspective of the most popular sections of the timeline, Revan happened like 3800 BBY.

Sig by For Tyeth

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #147 on: October 15, 2018, 08:41:14 PM »

I want to say the first Great Schism happened like some 9000 years BBY. To put that in perspective of the most popular sections of the timeline, Revan happened like 3800 BBY.

I’d say a first trilogy if the Great Schism and then the more popular period like 3800 BBY

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #148 on: October 15, 2018, 08:47:23 PM »

If I remember correctly there was a splitting Of ways as far back as back as 20,000 BBY but the "Dark Jedi" that would eventually become the Sith happened around 9000 BBY.  Current canon is basically a stripped down version of the Old EU with no definitive date put to it.

EDIT:  I just checked and the First Schism Happened around 25,000 BBY During the Force Wars of Tython, it ended with those who wanted to follow Bogan (The Dark Side) being defeated by the Light side followers, this lead to the forming of The Jedi Order.  Then in 24,500 BBY Some Jedi took up the Dark Side and were also destroyed.  Then in 7000 BBY The group of Dark Jedi that would become the Sith were formed.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #149 on: October 16, 2018, 03:15:50 AM »

I would love to see the Rakata getting overthrown by their force sensitive slaves.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: