Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1472764 times)
Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #7950 on: November 05, 2019, 08:26:18 PM »

I like number 2 the best.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

lowlead
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -38

« Reply #7951 on: November 06, 2019, 02:45:36 PM »

I am thankful for this thread, but I first had to experience 'saber owning' for a while before commenting.

After having spent well north of $2,000 in a few short months, there's no argument that I like it here Wink  I will admit, however, that I've been eyeing a saber from 'the other guy' whose name looks like a 'w' when you put the letters together.

This particular saber has a very sleek, simple look and offers leather wrapping in a few different colors.  I really like the whole 'chassis' concept to protect the innards, and I would really like more D-ring clip options with pommels and hilts.

Also, I have no problem with the larger diameter of US hilts.  I fully understand that a slimmer profile is easier for spinning/dueling, but they also look kinda dainty to me...like not something a Sith would wield. 

Finally, why would I tie up $600 for 3 to 6 months??  To me, that's just insane and completely turns me off to the whole idea of owning one of 'those.'  Yes, they might be regarded as the apex of boutique quality by some, but 3 to 6 months lead time?  This isn't a freakin' organ transplant!  SHEESH!!

If US offered something similar to the saber described above I would never visit another saber brand again.  And once more, thank you for asking.  There's a lot of value in a thread like this, and it engenders a lot of respect from customers.

$ .02

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7952 on: November 06, 2019, 03:34:49 PM »

I saw them online, but not on US website. I like the second better myself. They could do their own twist/inspired version of it.
I'm leaning more towards the first simply because it doesn't look like "more of the same".

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #7953 on: November 06, 2019, 09:24:00 PM »

I'm leaning more towards the first simply because it doesn't look like "more of the same".

Agreed, but the switch type is what looks good to me. The AV switches work fine for this, but different switch types would interest me much more. Most Continental United States lightsaber crafters use the AV switch for commonality of parts and ease of installation, but I would not mind at all using a micro switch, or even several for different functions of the lightsaber electronics, especially for the Diamond controller. I've dabbled with micro switches and they work fine with the Obsidian v4 and Diamond controller.

Won't say a thing about a chassis...........................nope, not one word about a chassis.......................

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

MandaloriansPride
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #7954 on: November 06, 2019, 10:13:15 PM »

Agreed, but the switch type is what looks good to me. The AV switches work fine for this, but different switch types would interest me much more. Most Continental United States lightsaber crafters use the AV switch for commonality of parts and ease of installation, but I would not mind at all using a micro switch, or even several for different functions of the lightsaber electronics, especially for the Diamond controller. I've dabbled with micro switches and they work fine with the Obsidian v4 and Diamond controller.

Won't say a thing about a chassis...........................nope, not one word about a chassis.......................

Mmmm. Tactile switches. Recessed. You know that guy, the one on YouTube and FB who left recently and shocked the whole community, deleted all of his video reviews and how-tos... he had made some recessed tactile switches that fit in the AV style switch holes. I had to replace the AV switch on my 16 yr olds Aeon and used one of those. They're great. Ultrasabers should totally start making/using those.....

Me neither..... not a word about chasis...

BUT I DO WANT PARABOLIC BLADE TIPS!!

Proud Owner of:
Graflex CE w/Diamond Controller
Spectre (Black Hilt) w/Diamond Controller
Lost Gray w/Diamond Controller
Guardian w/Emerald and Obsidian v4
Spectre w/Obsidian v4
Archon v3.1 w/Obsidian v4
Consular w/Obsidian v4
Dark Shock w/Obsidian v4
Arbiter w/Obsidian v3
Shock - installed myself
12 additional Mystery Box sabers

lowlead
Knight Officer

« Reply #7955 on: November 06, 2019, 11:46:44 PM »

...Won't say a thing about a chassis...........................nope, not one word about a chassis.......................

...Me neither..... not a word about chasis...

Soooo...was there some colossal and controversial blowout before I came around to the neighborhood?  I'm a relative newb here, could you shed some light?  Why is 'chassis' a hot potato?

MandaloriansPride
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #7956 on: November 06, 2019, 11:49:48 PM »

Soooo...was there some colossal and controversial blowout before I came around to the neighborhood?  I'm a relative newb here, could you shed some light?  Why is 'chassis' a hot potato?

Don't think so, it's just been brought up again and again and again

Proud Owner of:
Graflex CE w/Diamond Controller
Spectre (Black Hilt) w/Diamond Controller
Lost Gray w/Diamond Controller
Guardian w/Emerald and Obsidian v4
Spectre w/Obsidian v4
Archon v3.1 w/Obsidian v4
Consular w/Obsidian v4
Dark Shock w/Obsidian v4
Arbiter w/Obsidian v3
Shock - installed myself
12 additional Mystery Box sabers

lowlead
Knight Officer

« Reply #7957 on: November 06, 2019, 11:59:32 PM »

OH!  Gotcha! Cheesy 

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #7958 on: November 07, 2019, 12:24:50 AM »

........that too....................................how bout a Bastila Staff too?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7959 on: November 07, 2019, 02:10:43 PM »

........that too....................................how bout a Bastila Staff too?
I don't think you're qualified to ask for a Bastilla staff. Wink Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #7960 on: November 07, 2019, 09:57:10 PM »

I don't think you're qualified to ask for a Bastilla staff. Wink Tongue

Just needed to put in into the thread.......

wasn't asked for a whole page and all............................

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7961 on: November 07, 2019, 10:00:37 PM »

Just needed to put in into the thread.......

wasn't asked for a whole page and all............................
WOW! Li'l been gone that long?

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7962 on: November 08, 2019, 07:39:38 PM »

Alright, I stumbled onto a thread showcasing someone's new Frankensaber, and I got to thinking: we need a thread for just Frankensaber pics. I need suggestions of where to place it. I'm thinking in the Gallery, but I'm open to suggestions.

Sig by For Tyeth

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #7963 on: November 08, 2019, 09:29:48 PM »

Alright, I stumbled onto a thread showcasing someone's new Frankensaber, and I got to thinking: we need a thread for just Frankensaber pics. I need suggestions of where to place it. I'm thinking in the Gallery, but I'm open to suggestions.

Wait... Are you REALLY asking people to tell you where to stick it?

Well, after an invitation like that, I'm going to have to say the Gallery.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #7964 on: November 09, 2019, 03:50:09 AM »

At least half of my builds qualify as Frankensabers, Logos

Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: